Since its founding in 2012, Progreso has focused on civic engagement, coalition building, and advocacy around numerous issues that affect Latinos and communities of color in Washington, as well as advocacy for legislative priorities pertaining to education, immigration, carbon pollution, criminal justice, and other issues that affect communities of color.
Issues and Impact:
- A founding member of the Racial Equity Team, a multi-racial network of lobbyists and organizations dedicated to advancing racially equitable legislation.
- Increase voter participation of Latinos and people of color in Yakima and King Counties.
- Lobby on additional issues such as environmental justice, Washington Voting Rights Act, wage theft prevention, and criminal justice reform.
Legislative Victories in 2018:
- The Washington State Voting Rights Act (ESSB 6002)
- Automatic/Same-Day Voter Registration
- Pre-Voter Registration for 16 and 17-year-olds
- Toxic-Free Food Packaging (ESHB 2658)
- Safer Firefighting Foam, Gear, and Drinking Water (ESSB 6413)
- Protecting Immigrant Victims of Crime
- Expanding the Washington College Bound Scholarship eligibility to Dreamers